Thursday, September 22, 2011

maybe i just need a therapist

it's kind of scary and pathetic that my absolute limit for spending time with my 2 year old hovers around an hour and a half before i'm clawing at the door to get out of the house. not only is playing with her really boring to me, she gets punchy and starts acting up and i don't know what to do our how to handle it. with zero tolerance, i literally snap and the slightest thing. i have to start reminding myself to just try and lock myself in the bathroom or something when i start to feel my blood pressure rise.

a lot of this lack of patience and coping skills comes from not having much experience with kids. i never grew up with younger kids around nor did i ever babysit. even though i know about "normal two year old behavior" from what i've read in books or online, i don't know how to handle it. i've decided to look up a parent coach and have contacted them for some help. everything else in life comes with training or instructions or education.. why should parenting be any different? why must we blindly feel our way through the shit?

0 comments:

Post a Comment