Sunday, October 4, 2009

Double talk.

For some odd reason, every time I talk to baby, I always repeat myself. For example, "You like this bunny, huh? You like this bunny?" or "Do you see the doggie? Do you see the doggie?" It feels like it's not enough to just say something once...

Anyway, it was really nice having my mom up again this weekend with just her and me. For the first time since baby was born, I slept until 11am!! I was so spoiled by her taking care of baby almost full time. It was great being able to shop around with someone else pushing the stroller too. I was able to run downtown to get the supplies for baby's Halloween costume. We've been invited to a baby Halloween party at someone's house around the corner. I really didn't want baby to have an off the shelf costume...like those from Pottery Barn Kids or Chasing Fireflies. I like making a statement about my creativity. Baby is going to be a pink and brown owl. Basically, she's going to wear a pink footie onto which I'm going to attach wings and "feathers" on the front made from felt. Once I make the costume, I'll post a pic. I also knitted up a hat that looks like an owl's head. It's super cute. Alternately, I also bought the makings for a pink poodle costume. Using the same pink footie, I also found this "poodle like" furry scarf which will go around the wrists, ankles, and at the end of the tail. Also, it will serve as floppy ears onto which I'll attach cute little bows - just like those fancy poodles.

Anyway, husband is back from a weekend away. It's kind of nice to get a break from one another. Kind of re-sets our relationship a bit. Considering that we're home together 24-7, a break is good for us. I hope I can start this coming week on a high note now that I had a break from baby and some me time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment