Saturday, August 22, 2009

Baby boom. and more purchases.

So, our newly expecting friends came over for breakfast this morning. They had kind of a happy but uneasy look about them when observing our 4 month old. They also looked like they were handling a giant snake when we handed baby over to them to hold. I think they each held her for about 30 seconds before handing her back like a game of hot potato. We also found today out that another couple is also expecting (a girl). They live in Switzerland and kind of have no clue about babies at all. My husband got an email from the guy that basically said "HELP!!". We are new parents ourselves, but we definitely learned a thing or two in the past couple months, so we were happy share whatever advice that seemed to work for us. My advice to him was that he better start making more money since they're having a girl. Baby has more clothes than my husband and me, but her excuse is that she's constantly growing out of them. I don't really have an excuse as to why they are so expensive. For example, I got her an adorable Tartine et Chocolat number that cost $128. I think she wore it once.

One thing I love to do is splurge on baby gifts. For the couple expecting the girl, I got them an adorable knit hat and mitten set from Catimini. I couldn't find a picture of it to post, but
it's so so cute. I also got this sleeper and blanket from Lester Harry's, by Coccoli:
ProductProduct
The couple that came over this morning will find out what they're having on Monday, so they're in for a treat from me!





0 comments:

Post a Comment