Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pet Peeve #1

In case you were wondering, I did indeed have a date with my little yellow friend. Unless Labor Day weekend is as nice as the last few days have been, I think today is the last time we'll be together until next summer. Anyway, I almost didn't write an entry today since I wrote two yesterday but I'm watching Toddlers and Tiaras and feel like I need to do something productive.

I'm kind of a weird germaphobe. You wouldn't think so because I share a fork with my dog...one bite for me, one bite for Rosie. But I'm terrified of the stomach flu, catching MRSA, and now H1N1. I don't really wash my hands enough, so if I do catch any of those diseases, that could be a good reason why. Have you ever noticed when you step into an elevator with someone, all of a sudden the act as if they've just held their breath for the past 30 minutes. They take a breath in and then exhale a blimp's worth of hot air inside this 5x5' sealed box leaving you to breathe in the contents of their lungs. The worst is when not only you have to inhale all their germs, but when you can smell their mucousy breath too. Usually, if i'm only going one or two floors I can hold my breath until those doors open and I can get to the fresh air...but if it's a long ride, then I ration the oxygen left and only inhale as minimally as possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment