Saturday, September 5, 2009

Blah.

The husband has been sick for over a week now which means that I've been full time with the baby. I think I'm reaching my limit with being a mother. I'm just kind of sick of taking care of her and can't get a moment to myself. Meanwhile, I get to hear an update on my husband's condition every 10 minutes or so. His illness is a bit concerning because he's had a fever for over a week and went to the doctor twice. They don't know what he has and think he just has some kind of virus, but nightly fever and chills followed by a terrible headache is starting to wear on him.

I managed to get some proper thread for the bead crochet project. Also, I realized that I mis-counted the amount of beads necessary for the project. I already spent $67 on beads alone and basically had to buy $67 more because I actually needed twice as many beads. I started off really rocky - bead crochet looks super easy on the video, but it took me about 10 trys to get it going. I've got half the necklace done and am just waiting for the other half of the beads to come in. The local bead store has the beads, but cost twice as much as the online retailer.

Anyway, big news on the sister in law front. She just got engaged yesterday. I guess I'm happy for her, but it's kind of a shock because she met him on the internet 5 months ago and only met him in person 2 times prior to this weekend. Given her age, you have to assume that she knows what she's doing, but for someone who hasn't dated before and has been dying to get married, you also have to worry. I think if I met him, then I would know whether or not to be excited about this match. I just don't know. I find it a little fishy that after being whisked to the summer place on a private plane he decides to pop the question. I'm also disappointed that he didn't know to ask the father before asking her. Luckily, my husband knew better. Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment