Saturday, September 12, 2009

A little perspective.

So, I was at my mommy and me class yesterday and the other mothers were commenting on Brooke's outfit. I bought it a few weeks ago from Mulberry Road. It's by the Tea Collection and in my opinion, a non-expensive brand for the look. This was the top she was wearing with navy leggings:
R942055027 R942003405
Anyway, I said, oh, thanks... they asked if it was expensive, and said, no, not at all...I think the top was around $26. They gasped as if I had said $126 and remarked that that was quite pricey. They apparently shop at Babies R Us and only buy the $5-$10 clothing. Good thing she wasn't wearing one of her $70 tops. (which she has several). Their reaction kind of made me think about all the money I've spent on baby's wardrobe. I really enjoy dressing her up and her dad seems to appreciate how cute she looks in her designer clothes. So, I doubt I'll change my ways, but it did make me think.

So, husband went to the doctor yesterday for the 3rd time to figure out his illness. This time I think they nailed it. He has a tick borne disease. This doctor had a special interest in infectious diseases and he recognized all the symptoms right away. The treatment involves taking antibiotics for the next three weeks. Thank goodness.

Life is kind of funny because just when you think you can't take something anymore, something happens that kind of relieves all that. I was about ready to send baby to an orphanage when her two weeks of yelling turned into babbling. The babbling sounds were so cute that they just melted my heart. I'm sure after the two weeks of incessant babbling, I'll feel differently, but for now I think it's the cutest thing ever. Maybe by the time I get sick of hearing her noise, she might surprise me and say mama.


0 comments:

Post a Comment