Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Something new.

Baby turned 5 months old today. We celebrated by giving her rice cereal for the first time. She was good at opening her mouth for the spoon, but not so good at keeping the food in her mouth, which was to be expected. I didn't know if I made it thick enough or what, but she just got over a small bout of constipation, so I didn't want to stop her up. We'll work up to a good thickness over the next few days.

On the other hand, our dog has had diarrhea for over a week. It went away over the weekend, but it's back today so, she's going to visit the vet this afternoon. There were a few other dogs on her walking route that had it last week, but they are fine now. It could be anything - hopefully she'll get over it soon because taking her out every hour or so is kind of tough. Also, she definitely doesn't look like she feels well, so for her sake, I hope we can get this figured out.

In a desperate attempt to get a good night's sleep, I tried keeping baby's naps very limited yesterday. I only let her sleep an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon and kept her entertained as much as I could. Well, it seemed to have worked. She slept from 10pm until 6am. There's always a fine line between wearing a baby out and having an over tired baby... Apparently I wore her out because today, she's super tired and all she wants to do is nap. Should I let her or should I aim for another good night's sleep?

0 comments:

Post a Comment