Monday, September 14, 2009

Oh Lord

What I wouldn't give for a couple hours of sleep. Baby has decided the past two nights that it was time to get up at 4am. Not just to eat and go back to sleep like usual, but to get up and play and stay awake. I'm not capable of getting up for the day at 4am. It's the worst feeling and I am unbearable to deal with when I'm that tired. I've been taking out my frustration on the husband, which is not very nice, but who else can I take it out on? I literally feel like I could punch someone.

One of my friends who had her first kid a couple years ago told me that having a kid was like having a dog, only better because the kid is always learning new tricks every day. At the time, it make sense to me...I could kind of see her reasoning. But, now that I have my own kid, it's nothing like having a dog. Dogs are better! My dog is very quiet, very lovable, and most especially, sleeps through the night and I wake up every morning feeling like a champ. She's also a great listener and pretty much does whatever I want her to. I doubt this will be the case as baby gets older.

Thank god my mom is coming in a few days. I seriously need a break. Between husband being sick and baby not sleeping, I feel like I'm at my breaking point. Hopefully a weekend with her will fix all that...

0 comments:

Post a Comment